Window of Opportunity to a Rewarding Career (or working retirement)
Teaching can be one of the most rewarding (and challenging) vocations. Earning your NYS teacher certification can be your window of opportunity to the world:
- Take your teacher certification anywhere - Earning your teacher certification in New York allows you to meet most standards in other states, meaning you can become a teacher almost anywhere in the U.S. or abroad!
- Start a new career - Share your knowledge and experience with eager young minds. You can prepare to earn NYS teacher certification in 16-24 months, with the potential to specialize in a content area!
- Enjoy a rewarding retirement - If you are looking to remain active in your retirement, the best places in the U.S. to find a teaching job also happen to be the top retirement destinations (according to Forbes' list of "Best Places for a Working Retirement")
- Learn while you work - At Roberts Wesleyan College, classes are offered in the evenings or online to fit the schedule of working professionals, like yourself.
Want to learn more about earning your NYS teacher certification? Check out the video FAQs.
Begin Your Journey to Become a NYS Certified Teacher
Whether you are a paraprofessional seeking teacher certification, in another field seeking a career change, or at home ready to go back to college, you can become a teacher through one of Roberts Wesleyan College's Teacher Education Programs:
- Bachelor's in Education (Pathway to Teaching, B.S.)
- Initial Childhood and Special Education, M.Ed.
- Initial Adolescence and Special Education, M.Ed.
- Literacy Education, M.Ed.
- Special Education, M.Ed. (Online)